Privredna banka Zagreb aims to contribute and show its responsibility towards the larger community by sponsoring events and giving donations.
PBZ has been actively participating in a range of community projects and we support financially numerous charitable and social institutions. We also support education programs, sports clubs and a number of cultural institutions, and aims to contribute to the development and in general to a better quality of life in the Republic of Croatia.
In 2011 almost HRK 20 million in total was appropriated for sponsorships and donations, by which we supported many cultural and other events, sports events, science and education, numerous associations and individuals.
| Science and education ||HRK 1,913,000 |
| Sports ||HRK 2,881,000 |
| Culture ||HRK 1,203,000 |
| Social solidarity ||HRK 4,228,800 |
| Other ||HRK 1,306,000 |
| Total ||HRK 11,531,800 |
PBZ actively participates in a series of socially useful projects and supports financially a great number of humanitarian and social institutions.
Among the donations given in 2011 we would like to single out the following ones:
- Caritas campaign titled “For a thousand joys”. The purpose of the campaign is to raise funds for 1000 Croatian families with low income. For the ninth year in a row we were part of the great Caritas campaign raising funds for the foundation “For a thousand joys”. In addition to donating money, PBZ also financially supports the campaign by purchasing a Caritas Christmas card. This year, the funds were used for supporting families with both parents- bread winners unemployed
- Donation to the Foundation for humanitarian demining of Croatia „Mine free Croatia" - worth HRK 700,000 for clearing mines in central Vukavar-Srijem County area, Municipality of Stari Jankovci.
- Donation to the University in Dubrovnik for procurement of equipment and devices necessary for the implementation of university studies and carrying out of scientific research. Procurement of a mechanical engineering simulator is one the priorities of this aspiring University, as without it there cannot be quality teaching that meets the requirements of practical maritime university studies.
A series of donations were given for scholarships to students and pupils:
- Cooperation with Krapina-Zagorje County – six scholarships were given to gifted students that come from low income families and four scholarships to students of medicine, which happens to be a deficit profession in the County.
- Donation to the National Foundation for the support of Pupil and Student Standard: the Foundation gives government scholarships to gifted students and supports special programmes that contribute to better living and cultural standard of students. The key role of the Foundation is to financially support the best and the most successful Croatian students, but also to support those students whose university degree will allow them to apply for quite demanding jobs and thus give a new boost to the economic development of the Republic of Croatia.
- Donation within the campaign "Step into life" that provides scholarships to young people who turned eighteen, are just out of an orphanage and foster families and want university education.
Substantial funds were donated to raise the level of healthcare in numerous health institutions throughout the Republic of Croatia. Some of them are:
- Hospital of Pula - funds were donated for the procurement of medical equipment necessary for high-quality services in minimally invasive surgery.
- General Hospital Pakrac- funds were donated for the procurement of an electrosurgical platform necessary for quality treatment and patient safety.
- County Hospital Čakovec- funds were donated for the procurement of an ultrasound used in examinations of blood vessels and soft tissues which, by applying various probes during emergency check-ups, raises the work quality of radiologists, physicians specialising in internal medicine and surgeons.
- The donation to the Humanitarian Foundation for the Children of Croatia for the purpose of providing support to 350 children under the care of the Foundation with a monthly amount of HRK 300.00 per child.
- Donation to the Center of autism in Split in one of many programs for family aid that we support.
- PBZ also actively supports local and regional sporting events and organizations.
- For several years Privredna banka Zagreb has been donating its used computers (about 500 computers every year), printers and other IT equipment to institutions, children’s kindergartens, schools and underprivileged individuals who show a need for this kind of equipment.
There has been a number of charities we have participated in – the well known Dajmo da čuju (Let them hear), numerous donations to children's hospitals, Children's home in Nazorova, Center for education Slava Raškaj etc.