Additional health insurance
This is why you’ll like it
Coverage of co-payments in compulsory health insurance
Ease of use
Show your additional insurance certificate to cover co-payments
Premium as a one-off or installment payment
Additional health insurance covers various costs of healthcare services. As an insurance intermediary and in cooperation with Generali osiguranje and Croatia osiguranje, Privredna banka Zagreb enables you to take out an additional health insurance policy at the nearest branch office.
Why take out a policy?
In today’s fast-paced life, it is important to care of your health and make time for breaks and relaxation.
- our additional health insurance provides you with security and financial protection in the event of illness
- your additional insurance certificate is used as currency for co-payments
- additional coverage is optional
Insurance covers the cost of all types of participation (participation) in compulsory health insurance in full amount without restriction:
- in primary care at a doctor's office
- for specialist examinations
- specialist diagnostics
- laboratory tests
- physical therapy
- dental medicine services, orthopedic and other aids
- hospital treatment costs
- the cost of dispensing a prescription drug
There is a possibility to arrange a supplement for B-list medicines through a new supplementary supplementary health insurance program, with a limit of 2 packages of each medication by unprotected name in the insurance year.
- policyholders aged 61 and over can only arrange a policy with a B list included, with a limit of 2 packs of each drug by unprotected drug name in the insurance year
- insurance can be contracted by people 18 years of age and there is no upper age limit. Insurance premium starts from HRK 70 per month (for younger policyholders)
- all new contractors who until March 30, 2022 contracts supplementary health insurance and B list of medicines, get a special benefit - free B list in the first year of insurance
- for persons over the age of 61, the premium is 150 kn during the special benefits
The insurance covers all costs of participation in the public health of the Republic of Croatia, including the B list of medicines, without limitation of coverage.
All age groups have an annual limit on the payment of co-payments for medicines from the supplementary (B) list of medicines and it amounts to HRK 1,500.00.
Primary care costs include the following:
- participation in the selected primary care doctor: family medicine, dental medicine, gynecology
- dispensing a drug from the basic (A) prescription list
- the insurance premium depends on the age of the insured, starting from HRK 63 per month
- contracting is not possible for persons over 65 years of age
- one-time annual premium payment is granted a discount of 5%
- at the end of the insurance period, the client may receive 15% of the calculated premium if no insured event was reported
Possibility of arranging additional cover:
Home care service - the annual premium is 96 kn and the service includes:
- home care after an accident or illness
- psychological assistance after an accident
- visit of a close person after an accident
- second medical opinion after the accident
Daily hospital treatment allowance (as a result of an accident or illness):
- the amount of insurance is paid per day spent on hospital treatment, but for a minimum duration of 3 to a maximum of 200 days of hospital treatment, within 2 years from the day of the accident or illness.