PBZ Energo loans
This is why you’ll like it
Enjoy favorable interest rates and numerous additional benefits
Pick a date, manner and the beginning of repayment yourself
Choice of currency
Choose between HRK and EUR depending on your needs
Special offer until 31.12.2020.
Special advantage with PBZ Energo housing loans with the establishment of a pledge right on the real estate:
- more favorable conditions for approving standard non-purpose loans: lower interest rate (fixed portion of variable interest rate and / or lower fixed interest rate) by 1.5 p.p. from the current interest rates for standard non-purpose loans
Note: A new non-purpose loan can also be used for early repayment (refinancing): existing loans realized in other banks or non-purpose loans in PBZ. If a new non-purpose loan is used for the purpose of early repayment (refinancing) of an existing non-purpose loan realized in PBZ, the loan repayment amount may be up to 60% of the new non-assigned loan.
Any physical person (residents) who meets the Bank’s conditions of borrowing.
Loan purpose and amount
Purpose of the loan
- purchase of a residential property with a higher energy rating, A, A+ and B, purchase of a residential property with improved energy efficiency
- new construction, expansion, addition, completion of low-energy and passive houses
- land purchase and construction of new low-energy or passive houses
- improvement of energy efficiency of the existing buildings
- for loans granted for expansion, addition, improvement of energy efficiency, or completion, it is not required that he loan user is owner of the property at the same time (with the proviso that he/she is related by blood or by marriage with the owner)
- down-payment for a purchase of a residential property with a higher energy rating, A, A+ and B,
- refinancing of Energo housing loans or standard housing loans if evidence is provided that the property under the loan belongs to A, A+ or B energy efficiency class, or that this is a low-energy or passive house, with the following options:
- the currency of the loan (HRK loans or with EUR currency clause),
- interest rates:
- fixed interest rates for the entire repayment period or
- variable interest rates for the entire repayment period or
- fixed interest rates for a period 5 years and followed by variable interest rates.
- HRK 150,000 to 2,300,000 or EUR 20,000 to 350,000 in the HRK counter value for all purposes with the institution of a lien (except for improvement of energy efficiency)
- HRK 150,000 to 535,000 or EUR 20,000 to 70,000 in the HRK counter value for the purpose of improvement of energy efficiency (with the institution of a lien)
- HRK 37,500 to 300,000 or EUR 5,000 to 40,000 in HRK, without a lien and a with a down-payment for the purchase of higher energy class real estates, A, A+ or B
The loan amount also depends on the total commitment, and in addition to that, for loans insured with a lien, the amount depends on the appraised property value.
Credit period and manner of repayment
- 5 to 30 years for loans with an institution of a lien
- 5 to 15 years without a lien and a with a down-payment for loans for the purchase of higher energy class real estate, A, A+ or B (to improve energy efficiency up to 10 years)
- 5 to 10 years for loans with a fixed interest rate
- a combination of fixed interest rate during the 60 months period and variable interest rate during the remaining repayment period
- up to 12 months and included in the repayment period
- for special repayment schedules and for combined fixed and variable interest rates, grace period is not an option
Manner of repayment
- repay your loan in equal monthly annuities or monthly installments
- with repayment in four annuity periods (annuities with increasing amounts cannot be contracted if the combined fixed and variable interest rate is selected)
- the loan user can pick a day of the month on which his/her obligations fall due
- a loan is repaid in the HRK counter value under the Croatian National Bank’s middle exchange rate for EUR valid on the day of payment.
Instalments or annuities?
Installments enable you to repay your loan faster and with less interest expense, while a repayment with gradually increasing monthly annuities leaves you a broader financial leeway for other needs at the time of borrowing.
- up to 10% of loan amount is disbursed in cash for covering costs and cost reimbursement relating to borrowing
- a loan for improving the energy efficiency, complete, expand, annex, renovate, or new construction can be paid up to 70% in cash
- optional 18-month respite (deferral of payment) during maternity leave without interest payments can be contracted